What this blog is about.....

Stories about Long Island....including --Long Island Dining, Businesses on Long Island & things worth doing on Long Island


About Me

My photo
Hi, I am Deborah and "I LOVE NYC". I was lucky enough to move back for 2 years 2010-2012 and lived like a tourist in NYC for those two years in the Hudson Yards area at 505W37. Right now I reside on Long Island but stay at different hotels in NYC a few times a year. I hope to move back soon.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Hour of the Month....


This months winner for me was Poco Loco located in Roslyn!


My mouth was watering for a Margarita one Friday night at around 5pm. So I stepped into Poco Loco's bar located on the upper street level and sat myself down and ordered their Frozen Margaritas. These Margarita's are delicious and strong in my standards of searching LI & NYC for best Margaritas - (you can check out my winner for NYC at my other blog - http://debsnewyorkcity.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-search-of-best-margarita-happen-to.html )
So I sat myself down in the line of a mixed age group sitting at the bar on Friday night, drinking Margaritas, with my friend that night being my Iphone to read as I drink. I was given a bowl of chips & salsa and after my second Frozen Margarita I asked for my bill. To my surprise my bill was $8.00! How could this be!? These were large, strong, delicious Margaritas! The bartender informed me that they had Happy Hour - Monday to Friday - from 4pm-7pm with half off drinks. She also told me that the bar area accepts any coupons for food you may have from Restaurant.com or other sources eating at the bar area. Wow what a deal! She also told me ladies night is Thursday and we get 1/2 price drinks all night!


So if heading out and you want an excellent tasting Margarita for 1/2 off you may want to consider Poco Loco! Oh and at the bar they offer $5.00 appetizers too!
Fun historic fact for town of Roslyn. Poco Loco use to be a harness shop. Check out the picture below

No comments:

Post a Comment