What this blog is about.....

Stories about Long Island....including --Long Island Dining, Businesses on Long Island & things worth doing on Long Island


About Me

My photo
Hi, I am Deborah and "I LOVE NYC". I was lucky enough to move back for 2 years 2010-2012 and lived like a tourist in NYC for those two years in the Hudson Yards area at 505W37. Right now I reside on Long Island but stay at different hotels in NYC a few times a year. I hope to move back soon.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Meet Our Neighbor" Healing Arts Massage Therapy

I am excited to introduce my new "Meet Our Neighbor" series. Each month I will feature one of our fabulous North Shore business neighbors. Please meet Anne Marie Giambrone, the truly hands-on owner of Healing Arts Massage Therapy.





“When I put my hands on a client, amazing healing happens,” says Anne Marie Giambrone owner, Healing Arts Massage Therapy in Glen Head. “Everyone’s needs are different and many people don’t know what they need. All they know is they are stressed and hurting.”
In business for 27 years (16 in the current Glen Head location,) Healing Arts works with “all kinds of people, young, old, children, athletes, injured to very ill,” says Giambrone.

“My work is my calling and not everyone can say that,” explains Giambrone. “I do feel that people get that immediately from me. I have a way with people, I am very intuitive. I use my kind heart and intention to help.” So much so that she’s gotten four marriage proposals.
Healing Arts has recently expanded and transformed into a healing center with “some incredible therapists in the holistic field,” says Giambrone. “It is very exciting.” The healing center also offers home services.

Giambrone has a background in dance which sashayed into extensive training in bodywork, healing and spiritual intuitive studies. She studied at the Swedish Institute in Manhattan and is a NYS Licensed, Certified and Registered Massage Therapist, Certified Reflexologist and AMTA Certified Sports Massage Therapist.

Interest in massage therapy followed a surgical procedure Giambrone underwent when she was 18 years old “that stimulated an interest in anatomy.” At the time, she was working in the restaurant business and had sought dance again to help with her recovery. At the prodding of a restaurant co-worker, who was a big fan of massage therapy, Giambrone decided to finally explore massage therapy as a profession. “I would work on his neck and he would tell me I was a natural and had good hands,” she said. Two years later, she decided to go to school and try out the field. “I felt massage therapy was a good way to stay connected to dancers and athletes.”

The healing industry has become flooded, Giambrone says, and the key to finding a good therapist is “connecting with those therapists that contain that extra special something, connecting body, mind and soul.”

As for staying afloat in a competitive industry, Giambrone is a believer in the power of networking. “I love networking, so I am always happy to spread the word and refer when needed. I have a network of businesses who refer me. The good energy I put out has brought incredible people into my life. It’s amazing and I am so thankful.”

“The biggest challenge right now is the economy,” she says. “There is stress everywhere you turn, which is why there is a need for healing nurturing and relaxation.” It’s not surprising then, that one of Giambrone’s biggest treatment requests is for “less stress.” One client even requested a four-hour session. Pain relief is also a sought-after treatment.

“There will always be a human need for compassionate, caring touch and the field of massage therapy will always be able to provide this service,” says Giambrone. “We are out here and love what we do.”

A native Long Islander, Giambrone grew up in New Hyde Park and has lived in Glen Head for the past17 years with her husband and two daughters.

Healing Arts Massage Therapy is located at 1009 Glen Cove Avenue, Suite 6, Glen Head. For more information or to make an appointment, call 516-674-0609 or visit healingartsmassageli.com.

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment